Welcome to Site Council.
The mission of the Twality Site Council is to provide leadership, direction and support toward the improvement of student performance. The scope of work of the council is on the following areas:
• Stewards of the Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP).
• Analyze school data and assure the CIP is focused on building
assets and key issues.
• Understanding the needs of the school community.
The Twality Site Council ....
• ....is NOT a mini Board of Education.
• ....does NOT discuss individual students, nor employees, in anything
but a complementary manner.
• ....does NOT discuss specific budgets, nor their allocation of funds.
• ....does NOT make decisions, but rather recommendations, in an
• ....does NOT have tremendous power, but DOES have tremendous
However, the Twality Site Council ....
• ....IS a sounding and advisory board for our Board of Education.
• ....OFFERS experience and recommendations.
• ....SUPPLIES our school with multiple perspectives: teachers, classified
employees, parents, students, community members.
• ....SUPPORTS and PROMOTES student achievement.
• ....BRAINSTORMS AND PROBLEM SOLVES topics related
to Twality’s improvement.
• ....PROVIDES a strong, integral link to the Tigard community.
• ....CELEBRATES success, through public recognition.