Spring After School Activities begin Monday, April 8th 2019. Activities are open to all students, all grades, and include a “no-cut-all-play” philosophy. In addition to sports, we will offer some just for fun activities and Homework Help. We are always open for suggestions about new activities.
Most activities are two days a week (M/W or T/Th) for an hour (3:40-4:40 PM.) with activity buses available at 4:45 PM. Activity buses follow three activity routes. There is a fee of $20 for each activity unless noted below, and scholarships are available. Please encourage your child to participate; activities are an excellent way to build relationships with students and teachers. Listed below are the activities offered this season. Please complete this form and return it with payment to the main office. Students may join any activity at any time during the season unless the activity is full.
Monday & Wednesday Activities:
- Outdoor Soccer, Limit 25 Kids
- Digital Design 3D No Charge, 20 Kids
- Homework Help, Cost $10, limited to 35 students
Tuesday & Thursday Activities:
Cost $20, unless otherwise listed
- Digital Design & Decals No Charge, 20 Kids
- Gaming Club
- Art Journaling
- Book Club, Cost $10
- Pacific Islander/Asian, Monday
- Black Student Union, Monday
- LGBT Club, Monday
- Hispanic Outreach Team, Monday
Behavior and Bus Guidelines:
- Each student needs to report to the activity by 3:40. Excessive tardiness can result in suspension from activity.
- Cooperative behavior is extremely important in all activities. Any student not following expectations could be suspended from the activity.
- Only students participating in an activity will be allowed to ride the activity bus and they will receive a bus pass from the activity instructor.
- While riding on the bus, each student must follow the bus expectations. Students must ride the bus they are assigned according to their home address. If there are behavior issues on the bus, we may ask parents to provide transportation.
- Students must maintain a “C “average or better in all classes or they may be asked to attend Homework Help until their grades improve.
- No refunds will be made if a student is suspended from an activity due to misbehavior.
Parents of students in need of a scholarship please contact Mr. Knipe at 503-431-5006 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.