Why Have Site Councils?
Development began in the 1980s to:
- Share decision-making processes at the local level - Importance of diverse and balanced representation
- Broaden involvement of the community
- Establish and achieve loftier goals • Improve implementation of strategies
- Enhance the "culture" within the school
Where Do Site Councils Fit In?
Collaborate with the Principal on:
- School goals (aligned with district goals and measures of success)
- Criteria or plan for professional growth for staff
- Grant writing regarding school improvement
- Establish operating procedures for the council
What Will Be Our Focus?
- Build upon past success/strengths
- Prioritize targets
- Brainstorm strategies
- Engage other resources in the community
- Share, share, share (ideas, responsibilities, encouraging words, etc.)