Tasha Corrigan & Michael Collins community well being to foster unity as we come together and set some ground rules that are based on our shared values.
- 11/6 Working with students, we have formed our first student leadership group with student reps from each of the programs.
- The purpose of this program is to allow youth to be a part of the decision-making process regarding rules and policy surrounding our school.
- Their first focus is to form a strong community as we move forward in a shared space. Together they are working to foster unity and set ground rules based on shared values.
- 9/18 We have a new administer who has implemented some new practices in our school.
- This year we are using Restorative Justice Practices, which is changing the climate of our school.
- We have also started a school-wide book group on Culturally Responsive Teaching in the Brain just last week.
- For the first time at DEC (in the 23 years that I have been there anyway) we are forming PSO's. They have not yet met, but it is a start.
- Each student has an advisor to offer support to our students and families.
- The advisors attempt to remove barriers for students and families that include academic, healthcare, etc;