History of CFT
The original Charles F. Tigard school was built in 1922 and named for the son of the city’s founding pioneer, Wilson Tigard. Charles F. established the first general store and post office naming it Tigardville. He helped to organize the Mutual Telephone Co. and was president of the First Bank of Tigard and the Grange Fire Relief Assoc. For his dedicated support of local education, C.F. Tigard Elementary was named for him. The current C.F. Tigard Elementary opened to students in 2003.