The mission of TTOA is to foster a supportive, student-centered learning environment dedicated to providing students with not only a rigorous and standards-based curriculum which prepares them for college and career, but also the skills to be compassionate and conscientious members of the global community.
Tigard Tualatin Online Academy (TTOA) is an online hybrid school. We are part of the Tigard Tualatin School Districts' alternative education programs. TTOA has online courses and a Learning Center that offers workshops, testing support, academic support, small group activities, and education coaching. The TTOA Learning Center is located in Tualatin, Oregon. TTOA teachers are available for in-person meetings to support the study habits and learning of our district students.
Coursework can be completed anywhere a student can access the internet. TTOA currently uses Grad Point from Pearson and Edgenuity for our online learning platforms. Students can use computers and resources at the TTOA Center to access their online classes. A limited number of laptop computers are available for checkout to full time TTOA students.
As a hybrid program, TTOA offers students an experience that fits between online and "brick and mortar" schools. Here's how we are different:
- Students can receive in-person support and education coaching.
- Students are required to attend two 120 minute Advisory sessions a week, with two additional hours outside of advisory of in-center attendance.
- Students can dual enroll at both TTOA and a local high school, splitting their schedule between online and traditional courses. This allows online students to still take courses such as choir or ceramics.
- Students can continue to participate in athletics, events, and activities at their traditional school.
- Families and students can participate in social events throughout the year.
- Graduating seniors can walk with the local high school's graduating class.
- Student counseling services are available.
- TTOA serves breakfast and lunch!