School Bus Transportation Driver Requirements
School buses are one of the safest modes of transportation in this country. Part of that reason is the stringent certification and ongoing training requirements for school bus drivers.
- Successfully complete application and interview process.
- Acquire Commercial Driver Instruction Permit (CDL).
- Must pass DMV CDL C written test.
- Must pass DMV CDL C passenger endorsement written test.
- Must pass DMV CDL C school bus passenger endorsement test.
- Pass driving and Oregon criminal record checks.
- Complete and pass the FBI fingerprinting process.
- Successfully complete a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- Pass drug and alcohol screening test.
- Successfully complete agility test.
- Complete a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of Behind The Wheel (BTW) training.
- Pass DMV BTW test.
- Receive CDL license and Oregon Department of Education (ODE) School Bus Driver's permit.
- YOU MAY NOW START TRANSPORTING STUDENTS
- Complete the following classroom training within 120 days of receiving ODE permit:
- First Aid (6 hours)
- Core Training (8 hours)
- Receive ODE School Bus Driver's Certificate
For more information contact:Tigard/Tualatin School DistrictTransportation Department503-431-4044