Elementary Safe Learning
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday Hybrid and Online Learning Schedules Listed Below
Wednesday Schedule: morning meeting with your teacher followed by asynchronous learning (working independently).
- Hybrid Classes Morning Meeting 8:00 to 8:30 AM
- Online Learning Morning Meeting 8:30 to 9:10
Bus routes have been emailed to hybrid student families. Contact your school if you did not receive bus route information.
Return to Hybrid Learning Schedule
100% Online Learning
Monday, March 29: We will welcome back our Pre-K, kindergarten and 1st grade hybrid students to begin learning in the building. All students changing classes at grades 2-5 also transition on this day.
Thursday, April 1: We will welcome back 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade hybrid students to begin learning in the building.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please reach out to your school principal or office.
For more information, please visit the Elementary Reopening presentation and our safety video created to help our students see what returning to school will look like.
Returning to Hybrid In Person Video
What can I do as a parent/family to support my elementary learner?
There are many things that you can do to help your child be successful in distance learning:
- Create a routine. Set up a normal daily schedule for your child.
- Make Sure that Your Child is Able to Find and Open Assignments. Work with your child to be sure that they can get online and connect to Canvas. Reach out to counselors, teachers, or administrators if your child isn’t able to participate on their iPad. Contact the TTSD Help Desk at (503) 431-4051 if there are issues with technology.
- Engage in Learning With Your Child. We recognize that some families might also be working from home and will need to balance between engaging in their child’s learning and other responsibilities. However, we encourage you to monitor and discuss what your child is learning by creating a Canvas "Parent Observer" account.
- Check Your Email Messages Regularly. All updates from the school district, your school principal, and teachers will be sent by email. It’s important that you have an active email and that you check these messages daily.
- Reach Out for Help and Support. If you need support with basic needs (food, counseling) or technology support, please reach out to your child’s teacher, school counselor, principal or the technology Help Desk. We are ready to assist in any way that we can.