Frequently Asked Questions
COVID - 19 Frequently Asked QuestionsPosted by Site Master on 3/2/2020
Where can I find information and resources regarding the Coronavirus?
Our website has information from the Oregon Health Authority and Washington County Health. You can find it here: ttsdschools.org
What are things I can do to prevent getting the virus?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others • cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Here are some additional resources:
What steps/precautions are being taken to keep TTSD Facilities clean? PDF of cleaning and disinfecting protocol
At Our Elementary Schools:
- We have head custodians in each of our buildings who are responsible for the overall care and upkeep of the school and grounds.
- We also have four cleaning teams that service all our buildings. These services include cleaning and sanitizing, vacuuming and mopping
Middle Schools - We have a head custodian, mid-day custodian, and a night custodian at each middle school. Each of our district cleaning teams will end their evening at a Middle School for additional support and cleaning.
High Schools - We have a head custodian, a support custodian, and a mid-day custodian. High schools have cleaning teams that consist of a team lead and three support custodians.
Our schools have Building Monitors who provide additional support cleaning and sanitizing the spaces that are used in our buildings after hours.
- The District will also be contracting with an outside provider for additional cleaning services in support of our facilities staff.
- Building custodians clean the following surfaces each day (in addition to other cleaning, such as trash management, vacuuming, sweeping, etc.):
We are also securing additional supplies, such as hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, etc.; and are reinforcing expectations around frequent hand washing.
- We are working in partnership with our bus company to ensure our buses are properly sanitized.
Should I keep my student home?
- You do not need to keep your child(ren) at home if they are healthy.
- Please do keep your child(ren) home if they have a cough and a fever of 100 or higher
- We will contact you to come to get your child if your child is not feeling well while at school
- If someone living in your home is ill and you believe your child(ren) has/have been exposed, please keep them home
- If your child is sick, the school will work with you to provide work that can be done at home
- We will follow our current absenteeism protocols and Oregon Administrative Rules -- if a student is out 10+ days, they will be unenrolled and will be re-enrolled when they return to school.
Will my student know what to do at school to prevent getting sick?
- School nurses will work with teachers to provide ongoing lessons on what to do to prevent getting sick. Example: Handwashing Video for children.
- Teachers will lead students in regular classroom practices -- cleaning desks, washing hands, etc.
- Schools and classrooms will have kleenex, cleaning and disinfecting supplies
- School-based Health Centers are available to students and families at both Tigard and Tualatin High Schools.
Will school/activities/events be canceled because of the Coronavirus?
- School will continue as scheduled unless the circumstances surrounding a confirmed/presumptive case of Coronavirus involving a student, staff member or someone who has spent significant time in our building causes reason for a closure
- If school is canceled we will follow our regular school closure procedures. You can find that information on our website: Here
- We highly encourage all families to make sure your school has your most updated emergency contact information
Does the school/district have health resources for me and/or my family?
- Yes, each of our schools is served by a part-time registered nurse
- Yes, we also have School-based Health Centers at both Tigard and Tualatin HS
How will you notify me and my family if there is a confirmed/presumptive case of Coronavirus in the district?
- We will contact staff and families immediately if we have anyone at your school/location who is presumed to have the virus
- Again, we highly encourage all families to make sure your school has your most updated emergency contact information
What information will be shared if there is a confirmed or presumptive case of Coronavirus at my school?
- We will contact staff and families immediately, providing specific details as to the identified actions the school will take and what that means for your student(s).
- We will abide by all laws and policies regarding privacy. No personal information will be released.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING COMMUNICATION:
- We will continue to send information and resources out weekly and/or as when we receive important updates
- If you need additional information please contact Your school office or Traci Rose at email@example.com or 503.431.4180)