The public records request form is not for transcripts or educational records. Contact schools directly to obtain educational records.
How to request public records
Submit your request to the Communications Specialist using the form below.
- Please be as specific as possible about the records you need.
- Call or email to discuss your request if you are unsure of what you need.
- Specify if you would like to receive an electronic or physical copy.
- You will receive a confirmation email that we have received your public records request form.
- The Communications Specialist will determine what records exist that are responsive to your request and determine if there will be a charge for collecting and reviewing records for confidential information.
- In accordance with state law, you will be provided an estimate of the time needed to respond and a written cost estimate (if warranted), no later than fifteen working days after receiving your request.
Most requests can be completed in a matter of days, but more complex requests can take several weeks, or in some cases, even longer. If it takes longer than fifteen working days to complete your request and provide records, you will be notified.
If fees are charged to complete your request, you may request a waiver or reduction of fees. The Community Relations Manager will determine whether to grant your request in accordance with the factors laid out in the Attorney General's Public Records Manual. A decision will be made within five working days. The requesting party must pay the fee before the District fulfills the request. If the request takes less than the estimated time to fulfill, the District will refund the difference to the requesting party.Contacts:Traci Rose
Director of Community Relations
503-431-4180Lisa BurtonCommunity Relations Manager503-431-4098
The Community Relations Department provides records at no cost when possible. However, the district, as allowed by state law, reserves the right to charge for requests that are time-consuming or require large-scale printing.
There may be charges for staff time and physical copies, depending on the format or volume of your request.
Fees for staff time may include, but are not limited to the following charges based on the work and employees' rate of pay:
- Business Office: $30 - $75/hour
- Administrative Review & Redaction: $50 - $75/hour
- IT: $50 - $75/hour