School Closure Information
In the case of hazardous weather, the practice of evaluating conditions will continue to make responsible decisions regarding district operations and/or to close our buildings. The Superintendent will consult with administrators and announce any closures and/or alterations to the school schedule by 6 AM. When winter weather causes hazardous driving conditions, district buildings will be closed and in-building or on-campus activities will be canceled.
The winter months bring with them the possibility of school closures--or delayed openings due to severe weather conditions. Before a decision is made, school and bus company officials monitor weather conditions and personally check roads in higher elevation areas.
If conditions are severe enough to threaten the safety of students traveling to and from school, a decision is made to close or delay school. This decision is made by 6 a.m.
Emergency announcements will be posted to the District Websites and sent out via:
- District email
- Text and the TTSD Mobile Ap
How we will notify you
Below are the ways that you can receive important information from the district:
- Sign-up to receive text messages, Twitter or email school closure announcements at FlashAlert.net
- Confirm your contact information is up to date in your ParentVue account to receive district emails, texts, and phone calls
- Download the Tigard-Tualatin SD mobile app on your cell phone in the Apple or Google Play Store
- Login with your Facebook or Google accounts or get your login and password from your school office.
Instructions for Late Opening and Early Closure during On-Site Learning
- One Hour Late Opening: All schools and bus times will begin one hour later than regular starting time. Schools will end at the normal times. If the late opening is on a Wednesday, middle schools will start at 9:55 a.m. Elementary school morning and afternoon Extended Day instructional programs will be canceled.
- Two Hour Late Opening: All schools and bus times will begin two hours later than regular starting time. Schools will end at the normal times. If the late opening is on a Wednesday, middle schools will start at 10:55 a.m. Elementary school morning and afternoon Extended Day instructional programs will be canceled.
- One Hour Early Closure: All schools will dismiss one hour early and bus times will begin one hour earlier than regular dismissal times.
- Two Hour Early Closure: All schools will dismiss two hours early and bus times will begin two hours earlier than regular dismissal times.
- School Closed: All schools will be closed for the day. Students and staff are to remain home. Emergency personnel will report to work.