Career Exploration Options for Ninth Graders at Tualatin High
The Tigard-Tualatin School District takes pride in ensuring that all students have equitable opportunities to enter into any career field they choose. This important choice should be a thoroughly evaluated and guided decision. The intent of these career exploration courses is to provide students with a variety of meaningful experiences to ignite passions and inspire further aspiration.
"Ninth grade students at Tualatin High School will rotate through nine-week long career classes designed to help students match their skills and interest with career choices. Classes are offered in ten career-learning areas."
- Business - business basics
- Construction - design and build
- Digital Arts - animation nation
- Early Childhood Education - your education your W.A.Y.
- Engineering - engineering design
- Leadership - character, and leadership
- Medical Careers - Health Occupations
- Technology - Exploring Computer Science
- Theatre - story slam
- Visual Arts - smart art
Project-Based - Classes are hands-on and use experiential learning through the completion of community-centered projects.
Skill Focused - Students will gain transferable skills applicable to any career they choose.
Productive - Classes give an introduction to career areas that students can choose to explore deeper in subsequent high school years. Finding a career path during these years will help save time and money in achieving future education goals.