Are you looking to get involved in your community? We want to hear from you!
For the most up-to-date volunteer listings for our center and other organizations in the greater Portland area, visit www.handsonportland.org. If you'd like to join the center's volunteer team, please email or call Catherine West at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 603-1588. There are many ways to get involved throughout the year. Volunteer applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
It's the little things you do...
Don't have the time to commit to a weekly or bi-weekly volunteer position? Maybe you could fit one of these opportunities into your busy schedule:
- Place a donation container in your community center, church, or apartment complex. Request a different type of donation each week or month (toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss; cleaning supplies; toilet paper). Make flyers, collect donations, and deliver them to the resource center.
- Run a fundraiser and purchase hygiene products, furniture, gas or food vouchers with the donations.
- Write local companies requesting donations for families that come to the center (coupons for sandwiches, gasoline vouchers, holiday meal coupons).
- Take center brochures and flyers to various locations in the community (doctors' offices, hospitals, churches, apartment complexes).
- Join the center's Steering Committee and share your expertise and opinions regarding community needs, program goals and objectives, and the day-to-day functions of the resource center. The Steering Committee meets quarterly.
- Tour the resource center and come up with your own creative ideas.