TTSD SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT
The goals of Tigard-Tualatin School District’s official social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok) are to share important, relevant information and highlight and celebrate the happenings across our district. These digital communities are designed to be welcoming and respectful of all community members. TTSD is committed to enforcing these spaces to be free from vulgar, disparaging, hateful, racist, or biased language, harassment, and misinformation.
Official TTSD sites are administered and moderated by the TTSD Community Relations Department. Individual schools, teams, and programs within the District administer other accounts across multiple social media channels. The administrators of any and all TTSD accounts reserve the right to hide or remove comments, replies, or other content and interactions that they deem to be in violation of the District’s Social Media Community Code of Conduct or in violation of the social media platforms’ community standards linked below. The administrators may also take action to report, block, or ban users for repeated violations of these standards.
Individuals who comment on TTSD District social media platforms or any platforms owned and administered by individual schools or district programs or platforms affiliated with TTSD are expected to abide by the Social Media Code of Conduct. The district reserves the right to hide or delete comments representing any of the following actions will be removed and repeat violators of the Community Code of Conduct will be blocked or banned from the page without notification. Those actions include:
- False, defamatory, or personal attacks.
- Misrepresentative of the poster’s identity.
- Political campaigning, commercial solicitations, or promotion of products or services of any third party unless approved in advance by the Communications Coordinator.
- Hate speech or speech that is obscene, harassing, racist, profane, baiting, intimidating, threatening, or inciting violence.
- An attempt to incite action in violation of any federal or state laws or in violation of any School Board Policy.
- In violation of copyright and fair use laws.
- Profane, sexually explicit, or suggestive.
- Personal defamation, or violates others’ privacy rights or confidentiality.
- Unrelated to the topic or to the District community.
- Repetitive or spam.
TTSD does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with comments, opinions, or statements posted by individuals not authorized to speak on behalf of the District. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and do not represent the views or philosophies of the Tigard-Tualatin School District.