Teaching and Learning
The Teaching and Learning Department in the Tigard-Tualatin School District is responsible for the oversight of curriculum, instruction, assessment, as well as, coordinating, guiding and facilitating professional development for our teachers.
- We believe that our commitment to a child’s healthy social emotional well-being supports and strengthens their academic success. We strive to create learning environments where our students feel safe, valued, seen, heard and connected, allowing them to take risks on their way to becoming confident, independent learners as members of our community.
- We believe that through dynamic and transparent processes informed by student performance assessments and voice data from parents, teachers, counselors, administrators and students, we share ownership in the collective effort to ensure that our students will graduate ready for college, career and life.
- We believe our teachers are truly lifelong learners and, through their commitment to continually grow and develop their craft, have the power to change the lives of our students by instilling a growth mindset around the value of learning and community.
- We believe that our diagnostic, prescriptive and culturally relevant teaching practices, utilizing a variety of instructional modalities and technology tools, guide instructional decisions about how to provide each child with what they need based on their strengths and learning gaps.
- We believe that every child who walks through our school house doors is an asset to our learning community.
Director of Teaching and Learning
Associate Director of Teaching and Learning
Administrative Specialist, District Homeless Liaison/Title I/Foster POC
Title III Administrator
Administrative Specialist, Title III
District Assessment Coordinator
Assessment and Data Support Specialist
Data and Budget Analyst