Transfer Process

  • Contact your residential district to apply for a release. We must have a release from your residential school district even if your student has never attended.

    There are two main types of student transfers.  

    • In-District - Transfers between schools within TTSD 
    • Inter-District - Transfers between TTSD and another school district 

    The following District Policies are related to transfers and school assignments:

    Transfers are required for students to attend a school other than their “Neighborhood boundary school.”
    A student’s
    “Neighborhood boundary school” is determined by the District’s “Neighborhood boundary attendance area”, 
    which is based on the legal address of the student’s residence, as provided by their parent or legal guardian.
    Students must have District approval to attend a school other than their “ Neighborhood
     boundary school.”

    Students experiencing homelessness should contact their school counselor or principal to see if they qualify for Title X  provisions.

    Allows TTSD students to move out of the district during the school year or summer. If you are moving out of district, inform your students school and fill out the mid year/summer move form. 

    Please Note:

    • Not applicable to students who move OUT of Oregon.
    • Students are required to apply for an Inter-District Transfer if they wish to continue attending TTSD for the following school year. There are NO guarantees for student placement. Must also meet behavior and attendance expectations.

    Please Note: Your city of residence does not define your school district.
    Tigard-Tualatin School District serves the following cities:

    • Tigard
    • Tualatin
    • Durham
    • King City
    • Sherwood
    • And areas in unincorporated Washington County

    School boundaries may also run across housing developments and apartment complexes.
    To confirm your neighborhood boundary school, please refer to our
    School Locator or call our Transportation Department at 503.431.4046.

    To view the District Boundary Map and locate your “ Neighborhood boundary school”, click here. 




  • Inter-District Transfer Process
  • In-District Transfer Process
  • Mid Year/Summer Move Form
  • Coco Flores
    Administrative Specialist
    Student Transfers