The Diverse Educator Pathway is on Instagram!
Learn more about the Diverse Educator Pathway Program and follow @ttsd.dep on Instagram!
We also post giveaways and contests for followers!
Are you a high school senior or classified staff member interested in becoming an educator?
Then the Diverse Educator Pathway Program might be a great fit for you!
Read below to learn more about what this program has to offer!
What is the Diverse Educator Pathway Program?
Great question! Tigard-Tualatin wants to provide a pathway for racially and linguistically diverse high school seniors and classified staff members to enroll in an educator preparation program and obtain their teaching license. By hiring our Diverse Educator Pathway (DEP) participants, we hope to decrease the racial diversity gap between staff and students from 30.9% to 15%.
- DEP candidates are supported and guided while in the program via:
- Professional development and affinity spaces
- Scholarships (for students) and real classroom experience
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 for the last two years of your program
- Guaranteed interviews with TTSD upon graduation
- Three-year contract with TTSD if a teaching/counseling position is accepted
Interested in applying?
If you are a CLASSIFIED TTSD STAFF MEMBER:
- Complete the Educator Pathway Interest Form so you may be contacted with information and application materials
- Review the Diverse Educator Pathway Program Overview
- Review the Scholar Program Agreement
- Complete the Online Program Application and submit required materials, including:
- Evidence of admission to a college/university program
- Sign Program Agreement form
- Letter of recommendation from Supervisor/Building administrator
- Letter of recommendation from a licensed staff member
- Teaching Philosophy statement - Tell us what you would bring to TTSD as an educator, and why you believe you would make a positive impact on the TTSD learning community.
- Contact the DEP Navigator with any questions: Mariela Tyler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact DEP Connectors:
- Viri Morales, email@example.com
- Arnulfo Torres, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacy Radja email@example.com
- Kat Toms firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the Diverse Educator Pathway Program from our wonderful COMPASS candidates!
Are You a High School SENIOR Interested in Becoming an Educator?
Do you want to make a difference by becoming an educator in your own community?
Would you like to come back to TTSD and honor and reflect the lived experience of our amazing BIPOC students?
If you answered "YES!" to either question, then:
The Diverse Educator Pathway program is for YOU!!!
We can offer support in:
- Notifying you of scholarship opportunities
- Navigating the FAFSA and college admissions process
- Support throughout your college journey
- Connecting you with other BIPOC students and providing time for you to gather in an affinity space
- Guide you as you enroll in a teacher's program
- After graduation, we will help you prepare for an interview for a teaching position at Tigard-Tualatain Schools!
TTSD is currently accepting applications for the DEP Program!
To apply for the program:
- Fill out the DEP Student Interest Form
- Read over the program overview and make sure to get any questions answered by a Connector at your school.
- Fill out the application and turn it in to the DEP Navigator (Mariela Tyler) or a Connector at your school, along with:
- Unofficial Transcript (print out of your grades)
- Signed DEP Media Release Form
- Photo of yourself
- Letter of recommendation from an adult in your life (teacher, coach, parent, relative, etc.)
Questions? Reach out to a Connector at your school, or contact the Diverse Educator Pathway Navigator!
- Connectors at Tigard High School: Ms. Viridiana Morales - email@example.com and Ms. Mikaela Diaz - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connector at Tualatin High School: Ms. Kat Toms - email@example.com
- DEP Navigator - Mrs. Mariela Tyler - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariela Tyler - Educator Pathway Navigator
The program's Navigator is here to help you:
- Find out if the Educator Pathways program is the right fit for you given your career goals
- Assist you in completing the program's application
- Investigate licensure programs in the state
- Assist with the completion of university application materials
- Provide professional development around time management, study tips, equity and identity, apply for jobs, and interviewing strategies
Contact: Mariela Tyler - email: email@example.com phone: 503.431.4156
Educator Pathway Connectors
The program Connectors are here to help you:
- Find out if the Educator Pathway would be the best fit for you
- Connect you with the Navigator
- Weekly check-ins to help guide you in the process of applying to programs, financial aid, scholarship essay support, interview strategies, etc.
- Help you connect with others in an affinity space if needed
Meet our Connectors!
Viridiana Morales - Educator Pathway Connector
Counseling Secretary - Tigard High School
Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 503.431.5422
Arnulfo Torres - Educator Pathway Connector
TWI Science - Fowler Middle School
Contact: Email: email@example.com Phone: 503.431.5058
Kat Toms - Educator Pathway Connector
Counselor - Tualatin High School
Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacy Radja - Educator Pathway Connector
Third Grade - Templeton Elementary School
Mikaela Diaz - Educator Pathway Connector
Learning Specialist - Tigard High School