Educator Pathways Program
- Provide support and professional development to TTSD classified staff and students interested in obtaining education licensure.
- Meet TTSD diverse educator goals:
- Decreasing the racial diversity (racially and/or linguistically) between staff and students from 30.9% points to 15% percentage points.
- Connect TTSD talent to high needs, hard to fill vacancies
New Classified Staff Cohort Applications Now Being Accepted!!!!
Applications due: Friday, May 27th, 2022.
To APPLY for the program:
- Complete the Educator Pathway Interest Form so you may be contacted with information and application materials
- Contact the program navigator with any questions: Alondra Canizal Hsu at email@example.com
- Review the Classified to Licensed Pathway program description Form
- Review the Scholar Program Agreement
- Complete the online program application and submit required materials, including:
- Evidence of admission to college/university program
- Sign Program Agreement form
- Letter of recommendation from Supervisor/Building administrator
- Letter of recommendation from a licensed staff member
- Teaching Philosophy statement
UPCOMING EVENTSColleagues of Color End of Year Celebration!!!!
14610 SW Sequoi Pkway Tigard, OR 97223
- Interviews for high school seniors applying to DEP Scholarship Program, April 20th and April 21st
- COC District Strategic Planning Listening Sessions, March 31st and April 7th from 4-5:30PM
- Financial Information Session Drop- In February 9th from 3PM-4PM
- Building a Collaborative Network of Aspiring Teachers. January 12th 5:30-7PM.
- Come learn about the Portland State University's Bilingal Teacher Pathway Program! Thursday, December 2nd
- Oregon Alliance of Black School Educators Membership Drive :Thursday, November, 18th, 2021 6:30PM
- Diverse Educator Pathway Classified Staff informational: Friday, November 5th, 2021 from 1:00 - 2:30 pm
Educator Pathway Navigator
The program's navigator is here to help you:
- Find out if the Educator Pathways program is the right fit for you given your career goals
- Assist you in completing the program's application
- Investigate licensure programs in the state
- Assist with the completion of university application materials
- Provide professional development around time management, study tips, equity and identity, apply for jobs, and interviewing strategies
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 503-431-4156
Are you a high school student interested in becoming a teacher?
Do you want to make a difference by teaching in your own community?
Would you like to come back and teach in Tigard-Tualatain schools?
The Diverse Educator Pathway program is for YOU!!! We can offer support in navigating the college admissions process, enrolling in a teacher's program and also support you through your college journey! After graduation, we will help you prepare for an interview for a teaching position at Tigard-Tualatain Schools! Get in touch with a connector at Tigard High School or Tualatin High School to learn more!
Tigard High School: Ms. Morales at email@example.com
Tualatin High School: Mr. Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our student cohort graduating from TTSD in 2022 has been chosen!!! Congratulations to the scholarship and program recipients! Be on the lookout for the application for the 2023 graduating seniors!
COMPASS Program Scholars
If you are a TTSD Classified staff member within your last two years of your BA/BS or MAT, we encourage you to apply to the COMPASS program. Scholars receive professional learning opportunities from district educators and leadership and additional financial support.
Congratulations to the 2021-2022 Diverse Educator Pathway COMPASS Scholars:
- Carrol Tan, Pacific University, Special Education
- Ana Rodgriguez Diaz, Portland State University, International Teaching Education
- Jennifer Arroyo, Portland State University, Bilingual Teacher Pathway Program
Applications are now being accepted for the 2022-2023 cohort!!! Applications are due on Friday, May 27th, 2022. Contact email@example.com for more information!
Educator Pathway Connectors are located throughout the school district and are available to:
- Help answer questions about the program to see if it's a good fit for you
- Connect you with the program navigator
- Check in on your program and licensure progress
Arnulfo Torres: Fowler MS, Science Teacher
Martin Alvarez: Tualatin HS, Culturally Responsive Coordinator
Gigi Escobar: Twality MS, Dean of Students
Viridiana Morales: Tigard High School, Family Partnership Advocate, primary translator