Educator Pathways Program
Are you a high school senior or classified staff member interested in becoming an educator?
Then the Diverse Educator Pathway Program might be a great fit for you!
Read below to learn more about what this program has to offer!
- Provide support and professional development to TTSD classified staff and students interested in obtaining education licensure.
- Meet TTSD diverse educator goals:
- Decreasing the racial diversity (racially and/or linguistically) between staff and students from 30.9% points to 15% percentage points.
- Connect TTSD talent to high needs, hard to fill vacancies
- Two-Way Immersion, Science, Math, and Learning/Accessibility Specialists
COMPASS Program Candidates 2022-2023
- Evelin Gutierrez Ignacio –PSU's Bilingual Teacher Pathway Program
- Laura Valdovinos–PSU's Bilingual Teacher Pathway Program
- Jacky Arroyo–PSU's Bilingual Teacher Pathway Program
- Nancy Munoz Garcia-PSU Bilingual Teacher Pathway Program
- Jazmin Chavez–Lewis and Clark's School Counseling Program
- Abraham Diaz—Western Oregon's Business Education Program
- Carrol Tan—Pacific University Special Education Program
Interested in applying? Applications for 2023-2024 COMPASS Candidates will be accepted in the spring of 2023!
To APPLY for the program:
- Complete the Educator Pathway Interest Form so you may be contacted with information and application materials
- Review the Diverse Educator Pathway Program Overview
- Review the Scholar Program Agreement
- Complete the Online Program Application and submit required materials, including:
- Evidence of admission to college/university program
- Sign Program Agreement form
- Letter of recommendation from Supervisor/Building administrator
- Letter of recommendation from a licensed staff member
- Teaching Philosophy statement
- Contact the program navigator with any questions: Mariela Tyler, email@example.com
- Contact educator pathway Connectors:
Are You a High School Student Interested in Becoming a Teacher?
Do you want to make a difference by teaching in your own community?
Would you like to come back and teach in Tigard-Tualatain schools?
If you answered "YES!" to either question, then:
The Diverse Educator Pathway program is for YOU!!!
We can offer support in:
- Notifying you of scholarship opportunities
- Navigating the FAFSA and college admissions process
- Support throughout your college journey
- Connecting you with other BIPOC students and providing time for you to gather in an affinity space
- Guide you as you enroll in a teacher's program
- After graduation, we will help you prepare for an interview for a teaching position at Tigard-Tualatain Schools!
Get in touch with a Connector at Tigard High School or reach out to the program Navigator for more information:
Connector - Tigard High School: Ms. Viridiana Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org
Navigator - Hibbard Administration: Mrs. Mariela Tyler at email@example.com
Our student cohort graduating from TTSD in 2022 has been chosen!!! Congratulations to the scholarship and program recipients!
- Alejandra Vargas
- Gaby Hernandez
- Madison Dowell
- Ruby Benitez Diaz
- Dioselin Abarca Moreno
- Karina Barron
- Andrasis Navarette
- Eddy Sanchez
- Wilmer Diaz
- Jennifer Solis
- Danell Lim
- Abril Garcia
- Karen De Niz Gonzalez
Applications for 2023 graduating seniors will be available soon!
Mariela Tyler - Educator Pathway Navigator
The program's Navigator is here to help you:
- Find out if the Educator Pathways program is the right fit for you given your career goals
- Assist you in completing the program's application
- Investigate licensure programs in the state
- Assist with the completion of university application materials
- Provide professional development around time management, study tips, equity and identity, apply for jobs, and interviewing strategies
Contact: Mariela Tyler - email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 503.431.4156
Educator Pathway Connectors
The program Connectors are here to help you:
- Find out if the Educator Pathway would be the best fit for you
- Connect you with the Navigator
- Weekly check-ins to help guide you in the process of applying to programs, financial aid, scholarship essay support, interview strategies, etc.
- Help you connect with others in an affinity space if needed
Meet our Connectors!
Viridiana Morales - Educator Pathway Connector
Counseling Secretary - Tigard High School
Contact: Email: email@example.com Phone: 503.431.5422
Arnulfo Torres - Educator Pathway Connector
TWI Science - Fowler Middle School
Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 503.431.5058
Antonio Pena Anaya - Educator Pathway Connector
TWI Language Arts - Tualatin High School
Contact: Email: email@example.com
Stacy Radja - Educator Pathway Connector
Third Grade - Templeton Elementary School