Oregon law requires children to be enrolled in either a public school or private school, or registered as a homeschool student with their local Education Service District.
Tigard-Tualatin School District (TTSD) approval and a formal Student Transfer Agreement is required for a student to attend a school other than their “home school.” A student’s “home school” is determined by the District’s “home attendance area” which is based on the legal address of the student’s residence, as provided by their parent or legal guardian.
Students experiencing homelessness should contact their counselor or principal to see if they qualify for Title X provisions.
Please Note: Your city of residence does not define your school district. Tigard-Tualatin School District serves the following cities:
- King City
- And areas in unincorporated Washington County
School boundaries may also run across housing developments and apartment complexes. To confirm your home school, please refer to our School Locator or call our Transportation Department (503) 431-4046.
To view the District Boundary Map and locate your “home school”, click here.
There are two main types of student transfers:
- In-District Transfers: In-District Transfers are transfers between schools within TTSD.
- Inter-District Transfers: Inter-District Transfers are transfers between TTSD and another school district.
Please refer to the following Quick Reference Guides for further information:
Quick Reference Guide for In-District Transfers
Quick Reference Guide for Inter-District Transfers
The following District Policies are related to transfers and school assignments:
- JECA Admission of Resident Students
- JECB Admission of Non-Resident Students
- JECBB Intradistrict Transfer Procedures
- JECC Open Enrollment